Client Brief: Total Strategic Marketing Plan & Execution-Law Firm
This law firm was a well kept secret among the competitively-sized law businesses in their marketplace. Previous owners, while successful, had kept a relatively low profile throughout its 100 year history. Additionally, the firm was perceived as a personal injury firm only. The new partners wanted to break away from that model. They were focused on growth and expansion of their core practice areas and were challenged by trying to manage marketing simultaneously. A website project was in the works but they recognized that a full marketing thrust was needed.
- Marketing activities interfering with partners' ability to focus on business expansion and growth
- Awareness, Identity, Image
- Perception that they were a personal injury firm only
- Website project not moving ahead
A Total Marketing Plan was developed for this client that included a market analysis of the industry, competitive environment and target markets for each practice area. In addition to the development of a core positioning statement and messaging, key marketing objectives and strategies included:
- Re-design of the corporate identity -to break them away from the mold and to reflect prominence, sophistication and longevity
- Advertising Campaign — focused on building brand and public awareness; and to educate the public about the firm's multi practice areas
- Public Relations — integrated with the advertising campaign to position legal staff as experts in their field and build awareness
- Website — reviewed project, developed a strategy to spear this project forward, created a content and design strategy, and facilitated the project between a new designer and the web developer; site launched within a month
- Project Management
Anecdotally, clients reported that businesses and the public, in their target market, were aware of the advertising campaign and speaking about the firm. Publicity-wise over 5 articles were generated in the local press and some were subsequently used to promote the firm. Estate Planning attorney has a professionally produced leave-behind packet that also serves as a promotional piece for prospects and for document inserts.